Gisselle Trochez Aug 4, 2010 0:31:52 GMT -4
Post by Gisselle Trochez on Aug 4, 2010 0:31:52 GMT -4
Gisselle Faith Trochez
Your Name: Danielle/Dani works juuust fine.
Where did you find us?: Me, myself, and I.
How long have you been roleplaying?:Eight years or so.
...basic character information
Birth Name: Gisselle Faith Trochez
Grade: 10 - Sophomore
Birth date: December 7th
Program: Bachelor of Arts
Major: Law Enforcement
Major Explanation: Gisselle has always dreamed of 'putting the bad guys away' and trying to make things as fair as possible in life. She's had a bit of an obsession with shows like NCIS, and would love to get out there and work on a secret service of some kind eventually, and help to ensure the safety of others when wrong things have been done. She's a very honest sort of person, once you get past the wild party animal, and believes that those who do otherwise ought to be dealt with accordingly. This intertwines with her shift because the animal is known for it's speed -- and although brains are important on investigations and being able to figure things out, you need the speed to carry out the action accurately, don't you?
Animal Identity:King Cheetah
Likes:(at least 10)
- Spanish: Although she fluently speaks English, Spanish is her native tongue. Being able to speak it with others on the island thrills her and reminds the girl of her home. Hispanic influences are always a welcome sight to have, too.
- Courage: Anyone willing to take a chance and step out into the unknown or stand up for what they believe in instantly has her attention and respect.
- Partying: C'mon, what social teenager isn't? She's not old enough to get into the club on the island but, that's nothing a fake ID can't fix~ Granted she could find someone to make it for her. Although Gisselle's actions may not speak it, she's just looking for some fun and her intentions are more or less in the right place.
- Running: She probably loves this more than life it's self. Feeling her muscles burn after a good sprint always puts the girl in a pumped, happy mood. No matter how tired. However agile and flexible she is on land, she can't swim to save her life, though.
- Adrenaline Rushes: Gizzy can't get enough. Like a crackhead can't live without their fix, neither can she. Getting that heart pumping and blood flowing through her body is an addicting feeling, and she'll do just about anything to get it. From running, to roller coaster rides, to caffeine, she tries to stray away from the stuff that got her started in the first place (see history).
- People: If ever there was a 'people person', it's Gisselle. She's got a thing for hanging around cliques and all sort of individuals just to strike up a conversation. Bubbly, energetic, and a bit forward, her personality tends to kind of.. intimidate others than attract them.
- Dancing: As any latina likes to do, Gizzy won't hesitate to re-connect with those spanish roots of hers, and salsa dance, cha-cha, and various others. The only difficult part is.. not many people she knows are suitable partners, so she doesn't get to do this as often as she'd like.
- Flirting: If it's breathing, she's a flirtin'! Not a trait she would have picked herself, but female cheetahs have been known for being quite 'promiscuous' out there in the wild, and will have cubs from multiple different males. Where as she isn't looking to have any 'cubs' ever in her lifetime, Gizzy still can't help what she'd like to call harmless flirting. She prefers being in an open relationship with several people rather than just one for that very reason; she's more afraid of rejection than anything though, which is also a contributing factor.
- Hunting: Or any sort of 'hide and seek' or 'go find it' kind of thing. Female cheetahs are solitary hunters, and she'll seldom accept help when she's on one of these 'missions'. This goes hand in hand with her major. She's not territorial at all, but when she's assigned to do something, if it's hers then she'd rather not have people budding in.
- Meats: What else would you expect from a carnivore?
Dislikes: (at least 10)
- Being alone: Being a social person is a two way effort; if there's no one there to chat it up with, what's the point?
- Being exhausted: Sleepiness means sleep, and sleep means less time running around and burning energy. No one likes to put the brakes on a car during a race, and that's what she feels like.
- Competition: No, no, and more no.
- Animal Cruelty: Who here at the academy does?
- Falling: First of all, no cat likes to fall. And this chick is no different. If she climbs a tree or something, she intends to get down it the same way she got up. Of course, some things can't be predicted, and even if she were to land on her feet after the stumble out of the tree, it still leaves an embarrassing feeling to settle over her body, and it's none too pleasant.
- Failure: More so in herself than in others. Gizzy strives to achieve to do the best she can for her peers, fellow students, and family. Anything aside from succeeding is unacceptable.
- Judgment: Not a fan of discrimination, homophobes, or generalization at all. Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she's any less capable at doing something than a man is, and she'll gladly prove this to anyone who thinks otherwise. Who's to say how things should or shouldn't be?
- Injustice: Gizzy will be the first to admit that not all cops, agents, and judges are straight edge when it comes to the law. And this irks her to no end.
- Purple: Something about the color just... doesn't sit well with her.
- Getting Wet: Unless it's by choice. Few felines enjoy this at all to begin with.
Fears: (At least 3)
- Being rejected
- Being alone
Strengths: (At least 3)
- Blunt honesty
- Secret keeper:Open; Gizzy is very open with others, and can only hope that they'll be the same to her. She's very honest, and is typically that 'go-to' person if you need someone to talk to without having that someone pass judgment.
Weaknesses: (At least 3)
- Hard headed; although she'll listen to others, once she has an opinion on something or has something in mind to do there's little in the world that can stop her from acting it out. Not to be confused with ignorance, however. She's just strong in her beliefs and doesn't doubt herself. Which can be a pretty large downfall.
- Emotional indeed, she attaches herself easily to others and gets too emotionally devoted to many things. And she takes a lot of things personal.
- Short stamina.
Overall: [400 words minimum]
Gisselle is, quite simply put, spontaneous. She hardly ever thinks things through before making a final decision and follows her 'heart' over her 'mind'. Basically whatever the hell she feels like doing, it'll get done; with or without consequences. She grew up quite the social butterfly, and won't shy away from meeting new people, going to the clubs, a party, or any social event. Nor will she shy away from a dare due to her fragile ego that she feels must always be fed. Either by subtle ways of accomplishing something before the microwave hits zero, or otherwise. Gisselle is always looking for a good time, though her carefree-irresponsible characteristics have been known to drag the teen into situations that she could have done without. Sarcasm is pretty much her second nature, though some may not take lightly to it.
Runs in the family.
She's automatically hooked to anything that can get her adrenaline pumping, such as roller coaster rides or, her favorite, running. Although she wasn't born in the country that her latina mother was, she still managed to pick the accent off of her at an early age when she first began learning how to speak. She can speak spanish pretty fluently, though will make the occasional trip-up, for english is her dominant language. However, if she gets worked up, upset, or that adrenaline seeps in just a little bit too much, Gisselle often resorts to 'spanglish' as an odd quirk of hers.
The young adult can often be described as clingy; a quality she wishes she didn't have, though she strives to change it. Not to mention her gullibility -- the girl will practically eat up any lies that are given her way without a second glance, for despite her party-ish personality she strives to see the good in people (or what's left of it). As far as her thinking goes, what reason do people have to lie? If she should ever find out the truth to whatever lie had been spoon fed to her, Gisselle has been known to hold grudges. And not easily forgive. Overall, she's a fun, irresponsible wild animal who's always on the lookout for the next thrill. Not to mention her odd sensitivity to intense bright light, and her habits for sleeping through the day and being most active at night. Why? Simple; that's when the parties happen. Wild and insane, it's no doubt she earned herself the nickname Loca from her cousin, Tony Cooper. Which is spanish for crazy.
Celebrity Play By: Brookelle Bones
Appearance: [400 words minimum]
Gisselle was born in good ol' Illinois (or not so good..), though her parents were immigrants which explain her hispanic look. Sporting a head full of long, naturally wavy dark chocolate hair that she normally wears down, it stops somewhere above her elbows when her arms are at her side -- Anatomical position, if you will. Rarely will she ever -not- straighten it due to it's thickness and the amount of effort and time it takes to accomplish a decent look when it's wavy, though it isn't like it hasn't been done before. It's much more easier to manage straight. She does have bangs, but will sometimes just part them down the middle to hide them if the outfit calls for it, or pin them up if they haven't already grown out. Her hair is layered in short bits towards the top of her skull, then eventually evens out into just pure length at the ends.
She's a little on the shorter side, as far as height goes. Being a meager five foot six inches, she's typically easy to lose in a large crowd, or be mistaken for being younger than she looks.
Her skin tone is more or less naturally tan, coming from her mother's latin side and her father's American Mutt genes. There are a few freckles that dot the bridge of her nose and the apples of her cheeks, though she desperately tries to hide them despite their faint tint. Gisselle sees them more as a flaw than as a birth mark, however. She's none too heavy, ranging somewhere between 120-135 lbs, give or take a few pounds in between. This is probably due to her high metabolism, for the girl surely does love to eat and couldn't even begin to fathom the idea of bulimics and anorexics. Gisselle's eyes are a plain dark brown, very much matching the color of her hair; the more sun there is outside the brighter they may appear and if there's lack of sun, the darker they could appear.
She has a tattoo just between her shoulders with her middle name in swirly, delicate print (that her parents have no clue of, nor would they appreciate such information) and has both of her ears pierced. Gisselle's style of clothing closely resembles her personality and the range of styles changes by the day according to her mood. Often times she'll wear a wide grin or a 'laughing' sort of look on her face, and will rarely be seen pouting or moping about.
The king cheetah is a rare mutation of cheetah characterized by a distinct fur pattern. Her chest is deep and its waist is narrow. The coarse, short fur of the cheetah is tan with round black spots measuring from 2 to 3 cm across, affording it some camouflage while hunting. There are no spots on her white underside, but the tail has spots, which merge to form four to six dark rings at the end.Gisselle has a small head with high-set eyes. Black "tear marks" run from the corner of the eyes down the sides of the nose to its mouth to keep sunlight out of her eyes and to aid in hunting and seeing long distances. Although it can reach high speeds, its body cannot stand long distance running. She is merely a sprinter.[/size]
Parents: Ann and Alex Trochez
Siblings: None; but does have a relative at the school that she considers one.
[400 words minimum]
Gisselle's parent's history was more exciting than her own. Her mother, Ann Trochez, grew up in Spain and later immigrated to The States over in America. There, her father was met - Alex Trochez - and it was pretty much love at first sight. Neither of them were planning a baby, for their jobs were so demanding, but lo and behold, a fetus Gisselle was eventually conceived. Although shocked, the parents couldn't have been happier, and immediately began making arrangements for the baby. Being a chef, Gisselle's father had been more than capable of gaining a Visa to travel abroad, which was what he'd been itching to do for years. Her mother, likewise, had her own sort of Visa due to her nurse practices.
The two managed to move on over to cozy if not a little cramped Glastonbury early in the pregnancy to keep the love child as safe as possible during their visit. They made it back in time before Gisselle was born, in a tiny little town in Illinois. Ann passed through the pregnancy safely, and Gisselle was born. Technically, she was born in Chicago due to the small town's lack of an official hospital -- Ann had sternly demanded a formal setting for her child to be born in, despite all the doctors in the quaint area readily available. Although ultimately they wound up back in Chi-town to start their small family.
Her natural curiosity wound up being the first layer to her growing 'untamed' sort of personality. It started with simple things; first honest harmless questioning regarding the use of uniforms in her elementary schools. "Why do I have to look like her?" the young voice would often ask, usually pointing to a peer of some sort nearby with her light tone. Even though the uniforms were more or less relaxed, finding herself looking anything similar to those around her often set off the questions -- Where was the originality? What was the purpose? Annoying questions that eventually lead to slight rebellion on her later teen years, finding ways to 'dress up' the uniforms and whatnot to her own liking. Be it with jewelery, scarves to add color, or her choice of colorful makeup for the day; anything just to be different. These were also the times when Gisselle had been growing increasingly apart from her parents, who weren't taking kindly to her choice in lifestyle. Her mother didn't approve of the clothes she wore, but found her rambunctious personality refreshing. Where as her father had more or less no opinion on what she wore, but had a thing against the attitude she'd been increasingly developing.
Just where had it all come from? Simply put, Gisselle was (and still is) quite the gullible person and wound up just hanging with the wrong crowd at school. Her 'friends' had managed to get their hands on some inhalers and other sources to get themselves high, but the Trochez teen wouldn't touch the weed; just the inhalers. It was the use of the epinephrine through the breathing device that her 'addiction' to adrenaline rushes began. Of course, all of this would happen after school, or simply whenever she wasn't at home. Her parents had started to notice the side effects of the activities she had partaken in, and acted quickly. Gisselle had gradually been suffering from lack of sleep, her increased heart rate made her lungs work harder than they had to had a resting point which left her feeling out of breath in most cases, the headaches that had followed were murderous as well. Once the loss of appetite came around, the girl had finally realized the 'error of her ways' so to speak, and came clean to her prying and sickly worried parents.
Actions came swift, as they immediately pulled the increasingly loosing weight teen out of the school that (they say) caused all the mess and put her in a different one -- this one, to be exact, just after her shift. Much to Gizzy's protesting, as she couldn't dream of losing her 'friends'. Bitter, but glad she weened herself off of the wretched inhalers for the sake of eating again - with some help of therapy due to her father's wishes - and had managed to gain back what she'd lost by the time her first shift came around. Along with her protesting, she'd been showing signs all through her younger years as to what species she might have wound up being. Gisselle was always running around as a toddler, and had began walking much earlier than other children her age. She was quick on her feet, and hardly ever fell over. Like a typical bumbling baby.
Those were the earlier years of her life, anyways, and eventually time had come for the shift to take place. And it did. However, the Trochez's had been very open about Gisselle's 'specialness' from the get-go, so when the birthday came around, no one was shocked. And no one was hurt either. They made a point to stay home that day, and used the birthday to more or less start prepping the girl with encouraging remarks on what she should expect when the hour would came. By mid afternoon, just after two o'clock, it happened. And it happened more or less peacefully. Gizzy was shocked, but not scared, and no one was killed. Just the girl had spent the few minutes that had passed knocking over priceless family heirlooms with her tail, ripping up the sofa, and making things pretty much topsy turvy.
Before the time came to ship the girl off to the school, they'd managed to all make up and make things more or less no longer awkward. They'd sent an email to her cousin, Anthony Cooper, to tell him of her arrival and to have him watch over their rambunctious child. Or at least pretend to.
...connecting human to animal
[One Paragraph Minimum (Can be point form)]
Gizzy shifts into what she does because cheetahs are very vocal felines. Their communication ranges from purring, to chittering, yelping, screeching, yowling, churring, and stuttering with a wide variety of others. She's a social person who always tries to 'speak on people's level' and these different voices reflect this. Cheetahs are also known for their speed, which is essential in the career of law enforcement when it comes down to reflexes, and catching a criminal. Not only is she fast in her shift, but she's quick on her toes as a human as well. Did track for a bit of her life.
Tony's fists were practically balled up as he sat there and typed along the computer screen. They'd been that way ever since he first read that Choi's nose had been broken by some asshole who had nothing better to do or amount to in his life. Instincts told him to hunt the sorry bag of bones down, set him down in a chair, and just torture the bastard Iraqi style. Or, what they called Iraqi style on the television, anyways. His more rational side that barely had a voice had spoken against it, though, and he unfortunately had given into it. No knocking heads. ...For now. Besides, that Aoi guy seemed like he had things under control. But in the process had left his sibling alone, hopefully not bleeding to death on the floor or anything. Broken noses were serious, and if not fixed properly by some amateur, the cartilage could shoot up to the brain.
But, then again, that was TV. How much of that was real he was unsure.
Either way, Tony signed off of the computer after catching Choi mention something about being hungry. Food; Tony could help with that, couldn't he? Shoving away from the desk and closing the laptop, the boy shuffled over to his mini fridge and pried it open after squatting down, the chilly air greeting his face and hands as he dug around inside of the bloated machine. He mostly had stolen food ingredients inside, varying from meats to veggies to fruits, and a small collection of sodas. It was a wonder how it all managed to fit in there, but thanks to Zander's key that he'd gotten to the kitchen.. sneaking in to the cafeteria had never been easier. Although he did miss the challenge. The icy fingers continued to curl around his skin as he pushed items aside, reaching for the stirfry he'd whipped up earlier for Sieffre and had packaged away.
They finally reached his chest, and he gave a slight shudder. Pausing, the Red Panda boy looked down at himself, and realized he hadn't a shirt on the skin of his back to his name. Groaning, and not wanting to waste time, he pushed himself away from the fridge with the container in hand, and placed this on the edge of the desk. Lean, non-muscular body hurried over to his dresser, and yanked the first drawer out. Tony risked a glance at the basketball shorts he had on for comfort, and decided a simple T-shirt and hoodie wouldn't hurt any. Fishing these items out, fingers yanked the shirt over his back swiftly before doing the same to the hoodie. The hood hooked over the top of his browned hair, though he ignored this. Instead, the shifter eagerly reached out to grab the container, shoved his phone in his pocket, and started making his way to the door.
Out of the room and in the hall in a matter of seconds, his eyes instantly fell towards the stairs, spotting Fidel making his rounds. Anthony jerked his chin with half a smile in greeting before turning and walking towards room 109, a bit hesitantly. It wasn't until he'd paused infront of the door that he realized what he was doing. Okay... so.. am I dating this kid? Or.. just taking him out? came the complex thoughts, his free hand rapping on the door lightly as he shifted his weight insecurely from foot to foot. Bottom lip was snagged under his teeth as he chewed on the soft texture slowly, contemplating this thought. Tony had been in and out of relationships for a while now; both boys and girls alike. And what did he learn? That girls caused more drama, but boys still remained confusing. Leaving him clueless as far as his preference went.
But Choi was a whole different story. He honestly didn't know how to categorize him. One minute he was both hating Leo and sleeping in the bed beside him, and the next he was pouncing after Choi and offering to take him on a date. He'd been in open relationships for the past few months, he'd nearly forgotten what a 'date' was like. Anthony shook his head just before he saw the boy crack open the door, then pried it all the way open. Then it hit him -- Aoi had said Choi was 14, right? Tony was seventeen; people would surely get to talkin' if they did wind up making this thing official. One thing at a time, Tones. He told himself, and hid away his feelings fluently while flashing Choi a coy smile, watching him cradle the pokemon stuffed animal and retreat to his bed.
"Hey Choi," he murred, stepping into the room and flinching some at the light. It was pretty bright inside, and his eyes were sensitive to it, but so long as he didn't stare at it too long no headache should happen. Tony stopped chewing on his lip as he took a look around the room, taking a few more steps inside. "I brought you some stirfry -- You don't have to eat it," he added quickly, setting it down on a nearby dresser. "Just thought you might want some." Figuring Fidel would be just around the corner sometime soon, Anthony slowly made his way over to the bed and sat down beside Choi in much the same fashion that he had back in the library when they first met. Actually, the only other time he'd seen him face to face. Tone dropped low as he turned towards the boy who was intently staring at the screen, a feeling of guilt hitting his gut.
Whether or not Aoi handled this guy who'd put his hands on his friend -- or were they more than that now? -- Tony was sure he'd go after him at a later time, on his own schedule. Without letting Choi know. "The bleeding looks like it stopped.." he observed quietly, letting his eyes glaze over the boy's intensely adorable facial features from the side. "It'd be stupid of me to ask if it hurts but, I'm going to do it anyways." Blue eyes drifted to the stuffed animal in his hands, and he grinned lightly. "..Does it hurt?"[/b][/i][/size]