Amy Gray Jul 8, 2010 0:33:10 GMT -4
Post by Amy Delilah Gray on Jul 8, 2010 0:33:10 GMT -4
Your Name: Essence, Essy, Essay
Where did you find us?: Someone with the username of “TheNameIsMarc” sent me a PM over on the support forum, replying to my “Looking for RP” post.
How long have you been roleplaying?: Never actually kept count, but for a few years now.
Password: [admin edit!]
...basic character information
Birth Name: Amy Delilah Gray
Birth date: March 14th
Program: Bachelor of Arts
Major: Martial Arts
Major Explanation: Amy does not like others thinking just because she is a girl, she is weak and fragile. She wants to study all kinds of self-defense courses in the like, and eventually teach others how to protect themselves. Given her feline animal identity, she has great balance as something that comes natural to her, not to mention the strength that goes with it(though it might be less evident).
Animal Identity: Bobcat
Likes:(at least 10)
- Computer Programming;; Sitting in front of a computer all day, looking at odd symbols and sentences that make no sense to anyone that doesn’t understand it, and creating something from just a simple code... she loves it. Even though she often is caught talking to the computer, and gets mad at the computer and has to leave and do something else, she really does enjoy it. It helps her relax (when the codes work..) and get her thoughts straight, or get her mind off something.
- History;; She finds it unfair that most of the time, students are taught history only about their country. Sure, there is world history, but that is one class, when the world has so much history. She loves learning about new things in history, and thinking about why something happened the way it did, or what would have happened if it had been done differently. She questions a lot of things, and often does not settle for one answer.
- Moon/Astrology;; Yes, all those little stars have a name, and she likes to learn about them and what is really up in the sky. The moon in itself is beautiful to her, and the light it casts is so calming that she will often stay up late just to stare out a window at how the moon’s light changes things from the sun’s light. Everything about the sky is just so... calming, to her.
- Music;; The saying “Music = Life” can be used to describe her. She listens to practically every genre of music, from classical to techno, and more. Music is another thing that lets her just block out the world around her and go to her own land for a while, letting her do whatever it is that she is doing. She often listens to songs over and over, and on the tenth time actually listens to what is being said in the song. To her, the singer’s voice is just another instrument in the song, so she sometimes doesn’t pay attention to what they say, just how they say it.
- Night;; Well, being able to shift into a bobcat has to have some side-effects. Bobcats are nocturnal, and she often finds it natural to stay up into the morning hours and sleep into the afternoon hours. As stated before, the moon and stars give her peace, and even though she might not be able to see well with her human eyes at night, it is still calming, and she prefers it. Now, the silence that comes with the dark is something else entirely, she doesn’t like complete silence.
- Reading;; Grabbing a good book, sitting down on a rainy day, turning her music up, and ignoring life around her is one of her favorite things to do. She reads as a hobby, or more like there is no tomorrow. At any given time she has ten books on her “waiting to read” list hidden away somewhere and practically has a library otherwise. She never gets bored with reading, and probably never will. It is rare to see her without some sort of a book in her hands.
- Religions;; Learning about how so many people can believe so differently... it’s intriguing. She looks into it on her own time, and if someone will let her, she will talk to them about it.
- Traditional Art (realistic) ;; She likes hand-drawn artwork. The pencil strokes, the shading involved, everything is so interesting. She doesn’t take time to draw much herself, even though she does doodle when bored. Most of her doodles are in her notebook where she takes most of her notes, something for her to do while well... taking notes. It helps her focus, and also keeps her mind from wondering too far away from the lesson.
- Video Games;; Come on, not all the guys get to have all the fun! She likes adventure games, and often has a few of the older platforms hiding somewhere, along with a stack of games to go with them. She doesn’t have as many games as she does books, though. Now, if she’s good at a game is a whole other story...
- Writing;; Ah, the thing that comes third in her favorite things to do. Writing is something she is always doing; even on the few occasions she doesn’t have a book with her. She does not write poems, and does not like poems, but she will write short stories any time of any day. She doesn’t plan on publishing them, but they give her something to pour her stress and nervousness into, and not have everyone see it.
Dislikes: (at least 10)
- Arrogance;; Alright, it’s pretty simple. Anyone who thinks they are better than anyone in any form or way, she absolutely cannot stand. She’ll get very, very quiet, and try to get away from the situation if she comes across these people. This also goes with guys who things they have to protect her. Sometimes this comes to the extent she can come off arrogant herself (though she doesn’t realize it).
- Bright Colors;; Pastels, get out of the way. She is gothic, and yeah, bright colors go well with some outfits, but they burn her eyes. She normally avoids them if she can, but again, they do look good with some outfits.
- Competitions;; There can never be a draw. There always has to be a winner and a loser. They always say to have “Good sportsmanship”, yet they always make sure there is not a draw don’t they? Isn’t that a bit degrading? She doesn’t participate in competitions, and will not go to one unless she has no way out of it. She does not like them. End of discussion.
- Dogs;; Alright, they slobber over your face, poop in the yard, get mud on your clothes when they jump on you, and the small ones attack your ankles. She does not like them, and that might be described by her feline nature, but she also has some icky allergies to them. Her eyes swell; nose starts running, sneezing; the whole deal. If she sees someone who can shift into a canine, you can be sure that she will get very, very far from them. It’s not because she hates the people, or judges against them, she just doesn’t want to have her allergies kick in. Or, so she says.
- Feeling Weak;; One of the things that are up there with competitions on her hate list. She hates getting sick, because she feels all off-balance and weak. This actually comes from a time when she was six or seven, when she had the some contagious bug really bad, and her parents had to carry her into the doctor’s office. She couldn’t walk straight for weeks, and now, she really dislikes feeling that way. One of the reasons why she is majoring in what she is.
- Judgment;; Don’t judge her on looks, please, because it might be the last time you see her. Yes, she is gothic, but does that mean she is the typical gothic stereotype? This goes for most controversial things as well. She lives by the code of “Respect my opinion, and I will respect yours”. Yes, she has her opinions. This goes for people who are racist, sexist, discriminate against age, disability, religion, and so on. In the end, any quick judgment based on someone is something she frowns on.
- Nightmares;; Okay, it seems kind of ‘DUH’, but really. She gets into the things such as having a dream catcher over her bed, avoiding eating certain things before bed, and even some types of meditation in order to avoid nightmares. She has a very creative imagination, and when that turns into a nightmare, well... it gets gruesome. One of her reoccurring ones is where she shifts, and is unable to control her animal again, and attacks and/or kills someone. It isn’t pretty.
- Shoes;; Okay, really? She doesn’t see a point in them. Your feet get icky and sweaty, start smelling really bad, and then your feet start to hurt because the shoe isn’t fit to your foot properly. If she could, she would always go barefoot. Yes, she has quite a few scars from stepping on sharp rocks and the like, but after a while you step getting all those cuts and bruises. Does she wear shoes? Yeah, but when she does, you can be sure she will take them off when she can.
- Snakes;; They slither, and move without arms. She doesn’t like them, because they are very, very strange. Not to mention while fishing, they tend to like to pop up randomly and head straight for you. She doesn’t care if the snake is poisonous or not, she doesn’t like how they look, how they move, or how they can be right in front of you and you not see them.
- Spiders;; Most people have fear of spiders, but how many have phobias? She sees a spider; she is going to get as far away from it as she can, in the shortest amount of time. She has gotten to the point where she can get close enough to kill them with something, but overall she doesn’t like them. They have too many eyes, and their legs really, really freak her out. One night, she was asleep, and when she rolled over half asleep, a spider was hanging a few inches from her face. Since then, she can’t stand the insects.
Fears: (At least 3)
- Closed in Spaces ;; She is claustrophobic. What does that mean? She can’t stand to be in enclosed spaces. She starts hyperventilating, and feels like the walls are closing in on her. She can’t be in large crowds, or she feels like she can’t breathe. She starts shaking, gets a headache, and feels like her throat is closing up. If she has a choice in where she can sit, she will either sit by the window, or the door. Sitting in the back of a classroom is something that she can’t stand, unless it is by a window she can look out of. In the end, when she says she “Doesn’t like people”, it is normally because she instantly thinks of crowds, and how she can’t breathe when in them.
- Killing ;; She was one of the ones who happened to kill the first time she shifted. Since then, she has actually been rather paranoid about it all. She is even iffy on the meat she eats, and how cooked it is. If it bleeds while on her plate, she won’t eat it, and actually can’t stand to be around it. She is careful when she shifts, for she always fears she will lose control again. She has nightmares about that day, even now.
- Anesthetics ;; Okay, being put out by a drug is just freaky. She fears surgeries not because there might be people cutting into you, she fears them because she is afraid of being put under, and then waking up while they are cutting into her. She is afraid if she is put under, she might not wake up. She isn’t too sure where this fear came from, but she knows it gives her the serious creeps.
Strengths: (At least 3)
- Balance ;; She shifts into a feline, balance kind of comes with the ability. When she was younger, she took a variety of gymnastics, and was mostly good on the bars and beams. If you have ever been on a beam three feet off the ground, and it being like, three inches wide, you know how hard it is to not fall over on it. She does trip often, but she normally catches herself. When she doesn’t, well, she falls. It isn’t perfect, and she knows it will never be, but she does have good balance.
- Reflexes ;; She shifts into a cat, she’s going to have pretty good reflexes. Does that mean she will catch everything that is about to fall, or that she doesn’t trip over her own feet? No, in fact when wearing shoes it is not uncommon for her to fall flat on her face after tripping over air. She can be a bit of a klutz, but in the end she is fairly good at sports like volleyball where you have to react quickly in short amounts of time. If something is thrown her way, and she sees it, you can count on her either catching it, or almost catching it.
- Optimistic ;; This can really be seen as a weakness or a strength. In the sense that it is a strength; she keeps high spirits when things are looking grim. You say a tornado is heading their way, she will say at least we get to see it. Now, it does break some times, about the time she loses her calm. She does not let imagination run her life in her optimistic views; she is somewhat realistic to some degree. Now, for a weak part of it, she is often oblivious to things going on around her, for she thinks the best of everyone.
Weaknesses: (At least 3)
- Distraction ;; You dangle a string in front of her face, and no matter what she is doing, she will turn her attention to it. She is a very easily distracted person. When working on term papers, or even easy assignments, she has to turn her music up to a point she cannot hear anything else, and go to a place where no one else is it, or there will be something to distract her. There have been times when she has been in a serious conversation, talking in a middle of a sentence, spot something, say something about what she saw, and then continued on in the middle of the sentence where she left off. She can’t control it, it just happens, and often annoys the heck out of her.
- Easy to Read ;; She has been told she is like a open book when it comes to her emotions. They play right across her face, and she doesn’t know it is happening either. If she is sad, she will look sad. If she is happy, she will like happy. If she doesn’t like you, she can’t hide it. There is no way for her to mask her emotions, and because of this she is often caught lying on the rare occasions she does so. If you can read body language even the slightest bit, you will be able to see exactly what she is thinking, more or less.
- Guilt ;; If she does something that harms another, you can bet she will be kicking herself in the butt for many years to come for it. She dwells on things, and if she does something she knows is not right, it is about ten times worse. These things will keep her awake at night while she tries to sleep, pushing everything aside to get in the front of her mind. It is impossible for her to look over something, even if it is as small as accidently bumping into someone and causing their books to fall. She beats herself up over the smallest things; even if the people tell her it is fine.
Overall: [400 words minimum]
-- Honest&&Funny;;Honesty is big thing with Amy. You can count on her to be funny and sometimes brutally honest with you. The only time she is not like this is when (she thinks) someone’s life is threatened because of it, or because she promised not to say anything. She naturally expects everyone to be fully honest with her as well, which often leaves her disappointed after everything plays out, and she realizes the person isn’t the person she thought they were.
Her humor might not fit in very well, but just because she considers herself gothic doesn’t mean she doesn’t smile. In fact, it is rare to see her without some sort of smile, save for when reading, drawing, etc. She laughs a lot, sometimes at inappropriate times or at the oddest things. Her personality is often very bubbly in general, and please, please don’t give her anything with caffeine in it.
-- Serious&&Talkative;;There are points when Amy is completely dead serious. These times are most often in class, when she is training, or really when she is focusing on anything and trying not to get distracted. Her normal smile fades, and she zones out into her own little world while she thinks things over. She can be very serious, especially if in a rotten mood for the day. She normally isn’t, but she isn’t incapable of being so.
If Amy has something to say, you can bet she will say it. She isn’t one to talk behind your back, if she doesn’t like you, and has something to say about it, she will walk up to you and say it to your face. She has a strong personality, even if she does seem off in her own world most of the time. She has a calm air around her when she is in this mood, and often if in a dire situation either tries to lead the group if in one, go off on her own even if she is in a group, or if she is alone, lets curiosity get the better of her and check it out.
-- Curious&&Loner ;;Curiosity killed the cat, anyone? She knows it will probably be the death of her, but she is very curious in nature. If something goes bump in the night, she will throw caution in the wind and get up and see what it is. She often doesn’t think when she does this, but she does somehow normally be as soundless as a human can be when checking these things out. It can be big or small; a strange noise in the hall outside of her dorm or how light reflects off something in an odd way... either way she will be attracted to it like a bug to a bug zapper (which would be very unfortunate for those that morph into bugs...).
Even as talkative as she is, she is over described as a bit of a loner. Call it normal bobcat ways, but she doesn’t get close enough to have people following her around all the time. She is a bit claustrophobic, after all. She keeps to herself most of the time, spending her time under a shaded tree or up in the library in a corner no one visits. She likes it like that, and in all honesty doesn’t like people who are too clingy. While she loves talking, give her space?
-- Fearful&&Random ;;While Amy isn’t fearful of say... everything; the things she does fear she tends to take to extremes. She refuses to shift unless she has to, in fear the animal instincts will take over again and someone else will get hurt. In fact, she rarely shifts at all, even when she needs to. She is extremely claustrophobic, and any teacher will know because she will request to either sit by a window, or, when there is none, to leave the door open a bit and let her sit by the door. She starts hyperventilating and everything, it gets nasty. There has been a time or two when she’s passed out, not necessarily at school, but she has passed out because of this fear before. She also avoids any talk of any surgery, at all, because of the knock-out gas they use. If she is sick and they want to knock her out, she will do anything to avoid it. This does include running away from them, mind you.
On a happier note, Amy is rather random. Her mind tends to wonder during conversations, and due to this she does say random things at random times. You could be talking about history homework, and she’ll point out that there was a storm cloud approaching; or you could be telling her to watch out on a slippery floor and she’ll say that she needs to get a new hat, and fall because she was only partially listening. Be prepared for unintentional subject changes when talking to her, she really can’t help it.
Celebrity Play By: Katie Skadoske
Appearance: [400 words minimum]
-- Basics;;Lovely Amy stands at 5’6”, and weighs a healthy weight of 130 pounds. She has some muscles, but don’t think she’ll go showing them off to you.
Her hair is normally cut as shown in the above picture, and the scene haircut to her doesn’t mean anything (she just likes how it looks, plus, it keeps the direct sunlight out of her eyes). Her hair is normally styled with black and blonde, but on her random days she will use clips to add a splash of blue or green here and there.
Her eyes are a soft blue-gray, and she doesn’t wear contacts for that. Now, she does have colored contacts for nearly every color in the rainbow, so don’t be surprised if one day you walk in to see her with purple eyes. She does wear a bit of eyeliner, eye shadow, and such, but don’t count her to put on makeup like a clown; a little blue here, a little black there, nothing overwhelming. Does she use foundation? She only uses it on her bad days.
Her ears are pierced, the normal piercing along with one or two in the upper ear. Cartilage getting pierced hurts, she doesn’t like needles. Other than that, sorry boys, she doesn’t have any naughty piercings.
-- Clothing ;;Clothing is an interesting thing with Amy. She doesn’t have any set ‘fashion’, but rather many. She can dress up in bright pink and pull it off as well as anyone else (you can count that she will have pink hair extensions clipped in her hair), or she can wear a black and white outfit with gothic boots to top it off. Her style of fashion knows no bounds, and she has pulled on cowgirl boots and put a cowgirl hat on before with plaid. She really doesn’t care what others think of her when she dresses; she dresses to fit her mood and the occasion. You can expect her outfits to be as random as she is; and count on her going barefoot when she can!
Accessories are often a big thing for her. She will tell anyone who asks a ring or necklace can pull an outfit together. Her accessories are inspired by gothic wear, dark crosses swords, etc. Most of the gems inside are nothing but crystal, but they don’t have to be real to look good. She will wear necklaces, earrings, and bracelets/anklets.
-- Bobcat;;Amy’s bobcat form is actually a cute form. Her ears are black from their bases, with triangles of white in the center of them. Her fur is a soft, light brown that fades to an almost white as it moves to her underbelly and chest. Black flecks her fur everywhere, most commonly along her head and underbelly. It does appear here and there on her back, but it is more spread out.
Her eyes are outlined in white, as well as around her mouth. Black runs along the very edge of her nose, on either side. Her eyes are their normal color, with or without the contacts (that she normally takes care to remove before shifting).
As with all bobcats, her tail is well.. bobbed. It is pure white, though.
Overall, her form is a few inches shorter than the average female bobcat, giving her the appearance of a cub almost grown to an adult. Her shoulders are muscled, about as much as she is in her human form in comparison to well... a bobcat. Her legs are where these are shown off, her paws clearly powerful as the claws are normally retracted. She is a powerful cat, even with her size disadvantage. She looks innocent and cute, but don’t be fooled too easily. Bobcats have the ability to take down things a few times their size (not that she would try, and often not larger than a deer).[/size]
Parents: Evelyn and Aymeric Gray
Siblings: Only child
[400 words minimum]
-- Before Birth;;Evelyn Gray was originally from Scotland. Her family was not poor in any fashion, being one of the stronger clans in medieval times. They held onto their money, and have since then been pretty wealthy. Evelyn moved to the Americas when her mother passed away. She has kept in touch with her family, but rarely visits them. Her shifting form was a bobcat, just as Amy’s is.
She met Aymeric shortly after moving, and they instantly fell in love. When wed, she requested to keep her last name and change his, because of her history and wanting to keep the Gray name.
Aymeric Gray was born in the Americas. His family moved over from Germany before he was born, and has had a hard life since. When he was six, his mother, father, and younger sister died in a car crash when he was the only one still alive. His left arm is robotic, as a result from that accident. Sometimes he doesn’t always wear the robotic arm, but he still has it nonetheless. He went into the system after that, until he was eighteen and he started working for a living. He can shift, but rarely does, and for now it is uncertain exactly what he can shift into for he has never told Amy.
He met Evelyn, and they got married, he agreed to change his name.
Since then, they have settled down. They are currently middle-class, with Evelyn working as a translator at various places. Aymeric has a home office and is part of a larger company, but is rather low on the list for payroll.
-- Birth;;Amy Delilah Gray was born to Evelyn Gray, 25 and Aymeric Gray, 26 on March 14th. She grew up as an only child, and because of this was spoiled on a few things. She didn’t get everything she wanted, but she was able to get more than people with siblings did. She has a rather nice laptop, an alright cell phone, iPod touch, a lot of books, etc. Most of it is in fair condition, but, they are used.
-- Childhood;;When she was six, she was attacked by a dog. It attacked her arm, and she has some pretty gruesome scars left over from it. It was luckily, not broken though.
Shortly after that healed, when she was seven, she ended up stopping to quickly on a bike and flew over the handlebars. She has a scar over her left eye from the helmet not working properly, and had a few deep gashes on her elbows and knees.
When she was ten, she fell out of a tree while climbing some of the lower branches, and severely injured her left ankle. She does have a bit of a limp when she walks because of this, and when the weather changes it does start hurting.
-- Early Teenage;;When Amy first shifted, she was in a zoo with some of her friends. She had not been feeling well (when in truth she wanted to flee, and had the overwhelming urge to do so) and told them she was going to head home, and when she got about half-way out of the zoo she shifted. One of the tourists got in her way, and ended up getting killed because of it.
After hearing the news, her parents went to look for her. They had allowed that day only to let her go out, since they knew it was getting close for that time, but they decided one day wouldn’t hurt anything. Either way, they started looking for her, but it wasn’t until the next morning she showed up. They tried to comfort her, but in the end it didn’t work too well. Thus, where one of her major fears comes in to play.
-- Now;;Her parents sent her to the school the following school year, and she has since been going there. Honestly, nothing extremely interesting has happened to her there, other than discovering her want to learn how to protect herself.
...connecting human to animal
[One Paragraph Minimum (Can be point form)]
-- Loner;;Bobcats are loners by nature. They don’t hang out in prides or anything of the sort, and that is seen with Amy as well. She is social, but she likes her time to herself and doesn’t normally walk over to someone and let a big crowd gather around her. She is claustrophobic, and crowding around her might not be the best idea because of it.
-- Balance;;As with all felines, Amy has good balance. While she does trip often, it is mostly due to her wearing shoes. They are somewhat disorienting to her, and always have been. She notices the shift of her weight when her balance is in danger, and uses that to correct it so she doesn’t fall over. She was in gymnastics when she was younger, and excelled in the tricks on the beams.
-- Playful;;She has a playful side of her that is normally wide out in the open. She acts much like a kit would, and is often easily distracted by it. She can be fully focused on one thing, then someone could do something and she would have her full attention shifted over to whatever the other person is doing. When in class, she has to doodle otherwise her learning is a pretty much useless effort.
-- Swimming;;She hates swimming. Bobcats hate swimming. If she has to, she will do so, but she hates getting near water. While she loves the rain, she only loves it if she is inside. If she is outside and it so much as starts sprinkling, she will go inside, muttering curses directed at the rain. Swimming on the other hand; don’t expect to find her by the pool... ever.
-- Outdoors;;She likes to be outdoors a lot. Bobcats are not house pets, and she really doesn’t like being inside all that much. Sure, she will if she needs to, but more than often she won’t. She likes climbing the trees, and if the school had one of those rock climbing walls she would probably be there most of her spare time when she isn’t reading.
-- Anger;;When Amy gets mad, you can normally see her tense. Her hands clutch into fists, her eyes turning to the one she is angry at, and if you think about it, it does kind of resemble an animal raising their hackles. Her face does turn a few shades of red as well, but, that doesn’t matter here much.
-- Hair;;While her hair is not naturally the color it is, she does dye it to somewhat represent the bobcat’s black and white fur. Her natural hair color is a light brownish-blondish color though, which is somewhat very close to the lighter colors on her fur when she shifts.
It was raining.[/size]
To be more specific, it was pouring. The rain pounded on the pavement, the individual drops splashing up to meet their friends before both crashed down to the ground, joining everyone in the gutters and ditches. The water ran down the cold, gray pavement and the glassy, smooth walls of the buildings. The power had gone out some time before, leaving the small city with a silence that could drive one into insanity. The darkness was overwhelming, the only thing breaking the endless void an occasional flash of lightning in the clouds that would break the sound with the clash of thunder that hit everything with a shudder.
The water ran down her face as she stared out into this darkness in this city that had been long forgotten, few even hearing of its name. The streets were empty, not even a stray car lit the way. Nothing was here, but one thing, she could feel it. He was here, and he was looking for her.
She shrank back further into the darkness, her gray eyes flicking up into the endless sky. There were no white wings. Even in the darkness she could see, but the talent didn’t come without a price. She had been this way for a long time, too long. A long time ago, she was just like that man. She hunted the dark beings that stalked the night, the beings that took lives as they wished, just for fun. They were unjust, evil beings that had no mercy. Now she was one of them, or just as bad to those beings with the white wings. Now, the only thing that held onto her past was her gray eyes. They were a stormy gray now, a great change from the light gray brilliance that they use to hold. Now, now they were dark, just as the rest of her was. White had turned the darkest shade of black, silver into a dark grey. She had been turned into something that was lower than a beast, something that everything hunted. She had to run, she had to run now or she would risk being caught.
Her eyes narrowed as she turned, putting a foot first and pushing her body forward as she started out at a run. Her feet were bare, and the sound they made was enough to make her cringe. They were too loud, hitting the ground too hard. But she had to run, she had to. There was no other option, they would find her otherwise. He would find her. She couldn’t handle that.
She turned down an alleyway, her feet skidding on the loose gravel that had washed up in the heavy rain. She had grown to know this city like the back of her hand. She stood in the shadows as others moved about, fighting off the things that tried to taint the city at night. That was how she was. Old habits die hard, she supposed. She knew this city well enough to know something else was here. He was here. The very person she had protected, the very person that had caused her to be in the current state she was in. The person who she had stuck up for, and then turned on her and put a dagger to her throat.
She hated him.
And he would be no one until he killed her.
She skidded to a stop, her eyes look up to the sky once more. White flickered in the corner of her eye, and she turned with a weapon in hand, the clash of the two weapons sending sparks flying. Her pupils dilated, the cold hate pushing through her veins. She had given in to the darkness a long, long time ago. She no longer felt any guilt.
She broke away from the sword, dodging it as she jumped backwards, the wall of a building slamming against her back. Silently she cursed herself, she knew this was a dead end, why had she went this way?
Her eyes were locked on the man that was landing in front of her, watching as he drew his sword to its full length. Traitor. Coward. Demon. Thief. Cruel. Evil.
The words spun around her head, only fueling her anger that much more. He had sided with the ones that wanted war. Hundreds of millions had died, of their kind and of others. He was just as evil as the rest of them. She should have known. She should have never trusted him. She had spent over a hundred years in the presence of demons, killing them for a living on orders. She had done everything on orders, just like she was supposed to. Then he fell out of the sky, threatening to kill her if she moved. He had tried to kill her then, and even after she fought beside him against the very beings that sought to kill everything, she trusted him. Then she Fell, and he turned on her. He killed the only friend she had, and then received his wings back for doing so. He had almost killed her; she had come closer to death than she even had before. She still had the scar across her chest to prove it, cut by the very sword he had in his hand.
She straightened her posture, her black sword not lowering even a slightest degree. She wouldn’t make the same mistake twice. He was one of them again. She was the prey he hunted. She would never make the same break he did. She didn’t want to.
“Well, this is an unpleasant surprise. The archangels threaten you again, or did you just happen to show up?”
Her tone was ice cold, the same ice cold that the demons held. She was one of them now, she was on their side. She had made it clear this was her city, and anyone with ill intent that entered would be killed. She wasn’t a weakling anymore; she was actually one of the stronger ones. She was right-hand of the demon council themselves. After all, she had known their enemies for a very, very long time.
Her only enemy was the being in front of her, though.
He said nothing, but she knew him well enough to know he had one thing on his mind. If he killed her, he would become an archangel again. She was the only traitor by their standards, the third one. The first had been so long ago it was just a myth, the second the very angel before her, and she was the third, and the last. Granted, she had Fallen against her will. The Darkness hadn’t claimed her when she Fell.
She shifted her wings, laying them against her back. There was no use to try and escape. She was faster on the ground, anyways.
Time had stopped. The rain still fell, and the occasional lightning lit up the sky, giving little break to the darkness below. The city had been without power for a while now, and as the rain ran down her face she only stared out into the darkness.